CRISIS INTERVENTION COUNSELING
CEU Education program for certification
he American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc., offers a full Continuing Education program of online courses for those seeking Certification in Crisis Intervention Consulting.
Upon completion of the seven (7) courses detailed below, eligible applicants may apply for and receive certification as a Certified Crisis Intervention Consultant. Each course is provided for in a dedicated online classroom. The courses are designed as independent study/continuing education courses, with one-to-one faculty mentoring. There is open enrollment and students may register and begin the education program at anytime. Students must meet the eligibility criteria, as provided below, to register for these continuing education courses.
AIHCP BLOG: Please visit our interactive web blog. Here you will find frequently added information on our programs, articles and news by practice speciality, and much more. Register and become a part of our professional health care community.
Have questions? Join us on "live chat" online now! One of our advisors will be happy to assist you and respond to your questions: Access Now
Crisis Intervention Counseling
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
Below are listed the required courses for this curriculum. At the end of each course description you will find the course cost listed.
1. Crisis intervention theory
This course provides an introduction to the theories and practice of crisis intervention. Students will learn the nature of crisis as they related to the various issues that can face anyone over the course of a lifetime but also examine the ethical and cultural issues as they arise. Additionally, it examines how crisis intervention is applicable in a time-limited cognitive format. Cultural issues related to crisis are examined. Ethical issues in intervention are explored. Specific intervention strategies are examined. This course is specifically intended for those eligible to meet education requirements for Certification as a Certified Specialist in Crisis Intervention Counseling by the American Institute of Health Care Professionals. Course Code: CI 500. Contact hours of education = 40. Course Fee: $ 125.00
2. Crisis intervention Assessment & treatment i
This course provides student with information about the current issues as they relate to crisis intervention. Numerous case examples are provided to illustrate the practical application of both assessing and treating the client in crisis. Students will examine issues related to crisis from many different aspects. Solid definitions are examined. The ACT model of intervention is presented and students examine its use in many types of crisis situations, including natural disasters, terrorist attacks, etc. Students will also study assessment and treatment interventions according to age and growth/development. Course Code: CI 510. Contact hours of education = 50. Course Fee: $ 150.00
3. Crisis intervention Assessment & treatment iI
This course provides student with information about the current issues as they relate to crisis intervention. It continues with issues examination where course CI 510 left off. Numerous case examples are provided to illustrate the practical application of both assessing and treating the client in crisis. Students will examine assessment models and treatment interventions as related to school crisis, emergency room settings, life-threatening diseases, domestic violence and more. Emphasis of learning will be the application of evidence-based assessment and treatment techniques. Critical thinking skills are applied to case presentations. Course Code: CI 520. Contact hours of education = 50. Course Fee: $ 150.00
4. Clinical stress management
This online continuing education course provides a most comprehensive presentation of the theories, concepts and contemporary modalities in stress management. It continues were the introductory course, SM 500, leaves off. Students study foundational theories with greater depth of research review. There is a comprehensive presentation of stress psychophysiology as students understand and appreciate the mind-body-spirit connection in stress and stress management. Life-situations and perceptions are studied related to stress. Multiple dimensions of stress management interventions are presented and provide students with an excellent foundation for the further study of stress management modalities used in practice Spirituality and stress is also examined. Diversity in stress is examined, as well as various life and occupational situations related to stress. An in depth exploration of interventions is provided. This course also offers students a CD-Rom program that can be used with clients to conduct an interactive exploration of health and well-being. In addition, students receive additional online learning resources from the book publisher via their website. Course Code: SM 530. Contact hours of education = 30. Course Fee: $ 150.00
5. Crisis & trauma counseling
This course provides an introduction to the theories and practice of crisis intervention with special concentration in traumatic events/circumstances experienced by clients of all ages. Students will study the application of trauma theory and counseling to many types of populations. Issues of many types of losses and grief reactions will be examined. Assessment parameters for clients' coping skills will be studied. Other course content examined includes physiological effects of trauma, loss and bereavement, suicide and its intervention and defense mechanisms, and common fears of clients. Students also study all facets of post-traumatic stress disorder and learn cognitive approaches to treatment interventions. Course Code: CI 540. Contact hours of continuing education = 40.
Course Fee: $ 150.00
6. relaxation strategies
This online Continuing education course provides a comprehensive overview of breath work, concentration and the physiological effects on the central nervous system. Students learn anatomy and physiology related to breath work, as well as physiology and anatomy of the central nervous system. The focus is on learning various types of breath work, the use of concentration and mantras, and the elicitation of the relaxation response. Students will study research outcomes related to meditation and its positive effects on over all health and well being of participants. Many disease states are reviewed, along with research oriented outcomes related to the many benefits and positive outcomes of meditation as an intervention and modality in a stress management program. Students also practice and become proficient in several types of meditative & relaxation techniques. Spiritual issues related to meditation are also explored. Course Code: SM 550. Contact hours of education = 25. Course Fee: $100.00
7. Crisis intervention treatment planning
This course provides an introduction to the theories and practice of treatment planning. Treatment planning helps guide the therapist and client to identify and measure progress as the client recovers from crisis and traumatic events. Students will examine the role and benefits of treatment planning in the clinical setting. The major emphasis of this course is on learning methodologies for conducting comprehensive patient assessments, using assessment information to develop individual treatment plans, and strategies for treatment plan evaluations and ongoing revisions. Legal issues in documentation are also examined. Course Code= CI 560. Contact hours of education = 40. Course Fee: $ 150.00
- Pre-requisite to enrolling in the continuing education program: registrants must meet at least one of the following; 1.) a registered nurse currently licensed to practice nursing, 2). a licensed social worker, 3). a health care licensed professional, 4). a health care provider with a minimum of an associate degree, 5). a licensed counselor or psychologist, 6). holds a bachelor's degree or higher in psychology, human services, or other health related field, 7). is in current practice as an ordained minister/clergy, or 8). is currently practicing as a crisis counselor, 9.) currently employed in criminal justice or fire sciences, 10). a certified or licensed emergency medical technician, or 11). currently employed in disaster response or disaster relief.
- All courses are continuing education courses and are provided in online classrooms via our website. Upon enrollment a unique identification and password is provided for classroom access. The online classrooms provide full syllabi and course information, including the course exams and evaluations. Students must a achieve a minimum score of 70% on the course examination to pass the continuing education courses.
- Participants are given two (2) years from the date of enrollment into the first course, to complete the entire program of seven (7) continuing education courses.
- Upon completion of each course, you will be awarded the corresponding continuing education contact hours and receive the CEU certificate verifying course completion and the award of education credits. Registration may be completed online, by accessing the links below.
- Participants must complete the entire 275 contact hours of education to be eligible to apply for certification. For information on the Crisis Intervention Counseling Certification program, access this link.
- Request Information
CRISIS INTERVENTION COUNSELING BLOG: Please visit our Crisis Intervention Counseling interactive web blog. Our blog contains articles, news, events and information related the Crisis Intervention Counseling field.
|Certification and CE Courses Costs||How to Register for a Course||Making Application for Certification||Contact Us|