FORENSIC NURSE SPECIALIST
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc., offers a full Continuing Education program of online courses for those Registered Nurses seeking Certification as a Forensic Nurse Specialist.
Upon completion of the five (5) courses detailed below, applicants are eligible to apply for and receive certification as a Certified Forensic Nurse Specialist. Each course is provided for in a dedicated online classroom. The courses are designed as independent study/continuing education courses, with one-to-one faculty mentoring. There is open enrollment and students may register and begin the education program at anytime.
- Pre-requisite to enrolling in the continuing education program: registrants must be: 1.) a registered nurse currently licensed to practice nursing in a state or country's territory.
- All courses are continuing education courses and are provided in online classrooms via our website. Upon enrollment a unique identification and password is provided for classroom access. The online classrooms provide full syllabi and course information, including the course exams and evaluations. Students must a achieve a minimum score of 70% on the course examination to pass the continuing education courses.
- Participants are given two (2) years from the date of enrollment into the first course, to complete the entire program of five (5) continuing education courses.
- Upon completion of each course, you will be awarded the corresponding continuing education contact hours and receive the CE certificate verifying course completion and the award of education credits. Registration may be completed online, by accessing the links below.
- Participants must successfully complete the entire 250 contact hours of education to be eligible to apply for certification. For information on the Certification program, access this link.
- AIHCP is an approved provider of continuing education by the Florida Board of Nursing and the District of Columbia Board of Nursing. CE Provider # 50-11975.
- Request Information
|Certification and CE Courses Costs||How to Register for a Course||Making Application for Certification||Contact Us|
Have questions? Join us on "live chat" online now! One of our advisors will be happy to assist you and respond to your questions: Access Now
forensic nursing practice
CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM/COURSES
Below are listed the required courses for this curriculum. At the end of each course description you will find the course cost listed.
1. Forensic Nursing: Theory & Practice I
This is the first course in the forensic nursing practice continuing education curriculum. It presents the elemental concepts pertaining to the development of forensic nursing practice as a scientific and artistic discipline which delves into the intricacies of the justice system and of the healthcare system. The forensic registered nurse will need to understand the foundational concepts to discover the relationship between clinical nursing practice and forensic science. Concepts of Forensic Nursing Science, as well as theories and applications are presented. Students will study the history and development of the specialty as well as the epidemiology of violence. Course Code: FN 500. Contact hours of education = 50. Course Cost: $ 200.00.
2. Forensic Nursing: Theory & Practice II
This course is the second course in the forensic nursing practice program. Students will continue their studies in forensic practice and will study major topics related to the role of the forensic registered nurse. Topics to be covered include theories of vulnerable populations to crime, sexual offenders, domestic abuses, child/adolescent sexual abuse, youth violence, cases of arson and post-traumatic stress disorders. Study will focus on current theoretical information and data as well as assessment and intervention strategies in working with such defined cases. Students will also expand their awareness and appreciation of the multifaceted role of the registered nurse in forensic practice today. Course Code: FN 520. Contact hours of education = 50. Course Cost: $200.00.
3. Forensic Nursing: Theory & Practice III
This course is the third course in the forensic nursing practice program. Students will continue their studies in forensic practice and will study major topics related to the role of the forensic registered nurse. Topics to be covered include death investigations, evidence collection and documentation, sexual assault, biological evidence and DNA, and computer crimes. Students will also expand their awareness and appreciation of the multifaceted role of the registered nurse in forensic practice today. Course Code: FN 540. Contact hours of education = 50. Course Cost: $ 200.00.
4. Forensic Nursing:Applications
This course is the fourth course in the forensic nursing practice program. This course focuses on applications of the role of the forensic nursing in areas of non-traditional practice. Students will examine the role and practice of the forensic nursing in areas of correctional care and government agencies. The role of the forensic nurse as expert witness in court cases will be explored. Community issues such as crisis and disaster will be discussed as focused on roles of forensic nurses. Students will also study and examine current issues related to policy initiatives, policy involvement, and education and research issues for forensic nursing. Course Code: FN 560. Contact hours of education = 50. Course Cost: $ 200.00.
5. Forensic pathology for forensic nursing practice
This is the final course in the forensic nursing practice continuing education curriculum. It presents a comprehensive study of primary issues related to forensic pathology. Students will study and learn principles of forensic pathology covering the most common issues they will encounter in forensic nursing practice. Theory is presented on DNA testing and analysis of body fluids and tissue. Applications are presented with accompanying photos of pathology to enhance the student's learning experience. Students will also study and review actual cases related to forensic pathology. Additional study will focus on principles for using forensic pathology and evidence in court room testimony. Course Code: FN 580. Contact hours of education = 50. Course Cost: $ 200.00.