ONLINE CEU COURSES FOR RECERTIFICATION
AIHCP BLOG: Please visit our interactive web blog. Here you will find frequently added information on our programs, articles and news by practice speciality, and much more. Register and become a part of our professional health care community.
- MEDITATION STRATEGIES FOR EFFECTIVE STRESS
online course provides a comprehensive review of the physiology
and psychology of stress and stress responses and reactions.
Students review a comprehensive program template from one facility's
developed stress management program. Students' then explore
the concept and practice of "mindfulness" meditation, including
scientific research of effectiveness, and how to implement
teaching of mindfulness meditation into their consulting practice.
Case studies are reviewed and facilitate understanding and
effectiveness of "mindfulness" as a highly effective modality
in stress management. Upon successful completion of this course,
students earn 50 hours of continuing education contact hours
toward recertification. Course cost: $ 75.00. Course Code: MED 405
Course Information Enter Classroom
Register for Course
- Relaxtion and Health - This comprehensive CE course examines Benson's Relaxation Response and goes well beyond to highlight his work years after its introduction. Students will not only re-examine the relaxation response but will also study other relaxation modalities used from a mind-body health care perspective. Students will study physiology as well as genetics as related to body- mind modalities. Study will continue with the examine of many illnesses and how body-mind modalities are being incorporated into care. Also examined are impressive outcomes related to relaxation modalities and other body-mind modalities. Students will come away with a stronger knowledge of how relaxation strategies are becoming important in overall care delivery. Course Code: MED 415. Contract hours of education: 30 hours. Course Cost = $ 70.00
Register for Course Enter Classroom
- Health Care Educator - This course is designed to examine the professional role of health practitioner as educator. Health practitioners facilitate learning for clients and their families as they work to overcome the challenges that health, disease, prevention, and rehabilitation bring. They also share their experience, disseminate new knowledge and guide colleagues and students alike as they acquire new skills. This course is designed to examine these 'educator' roles in the health context and stimulate a critical analysis of taken-for-granted assumptions about this integral aspect of practice. Course Code: HE 500. Contact hours of education: 30 hours. Course Cost = $ 150.00.
Register for Course Enter Classroom
Effective Clinical Interviewing-This CE course provides a very comprehensive overview of theories, processes and considerations when conducting a clinical interview. Four broad areas of clinical interviewing are covered: 1. "Becoming a Mental Health Professional", 2. "Listening and Relationship Development", 3. "Structuring and Assessment" and, 4. Interviewing Special Populations." Chapters within each area discuss research, theories, cultural issues, ethics, techniques and challenges. Ultimately the course provides clear and practical knowledge of the clinical interview. This course prepares students with the knowledge and skills to conduct and document a high quality interview and assessment. Upon successful completion of this course, students are awarded 50 contact hours of continuing education credits. Course Cost: $200.00 Course Code: GC 684. Continuing Education Hours = 50.
- ANGER MANAGEMENT: CONCEPTS & THEORIES
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the theories and concept of anger and its effective management. The authors of the course textbook are distinguished researchers, teachers and practitioners in the field of anger management, and their book offers a detailed, research-based and empirically validated "anger episode model." This indispensable resource for human service professionals emphasizes how to help clients understand, manage, and prevent unhealthy anger. Students will study methodologies for teaching and working with clients to enhance their life skills, increase problem solving and change their responses to anger. Students will achieve a comprehensive and solid understanding of the theories and concepts of anger and will acquire a comprehensive skill set of anger management strategies/interventions for clinical practice. This course has accompanying power point lectures. You must have MS Power Point software to access the lectures. Contact hours of continuing education = 65. Course Code: AM 500. Course Cost: $ 200.00
- Effective Stress Management
This comprehensive CE course provides a very comprehensive overview of studies, research, and dynamics related to managing stress. Students study many facets of stress management, as well as major theories, process models, and other related content. Progression in the course then focuses on coping with twenty first century stress, including preventing burnout and creating a stress free life; healthy lifestyle; the trifecta of stress reduction and stress and your psychological health; and managing stressful conditions in your life (work-life balance). The nature of stress and stress management is presented to help you find information on the nature of stress, how you can identify it, what you can do to reduce most of it, manage the rest, and live a healthy, productive, stress-free life. Some stress comes from life circumstances and some from our own self creation. This course examines many different modalities and short interventions that consultants can easy apply in their practices. Upon successful completion of this course, students are awarded 50 contact hours of continuing education credits. Course code: SM 610. Course cost: $ 150.00
7. ADVANCED MASTERY COUNSELING COURSES
The AIHCP has approved the advanced, mastery counseling courses that are offered by CCMS, Inc. to be used as recetification courses for the Stress Management Consulting Certification Program. You may access the full list of available courses here: CCMS
Affiliate CE Courses
To preview information on other available courses for Re-Certification:
Continuing Education Approved Providers: access information.