HEALTH CARE LIFE COACH
- Request Information
- Certification Program: Courses and Prices
- Online Application
- Code of Ethics for Certified Members
- FAQS: Frequently Asked Questions
- Recertification Criteria
- Online Resource Board
- Call for Course Authors/Instructors
AIHCP BLOG: Please visit our interactive web blog. Here you will find frequently added information on our programs, articles and news by practice speciality, and much more. Register and become a part of our professional health care community.
Have questions? Join us on "live chat" online now! One of our advisors will be happy to assist you and respond to your questions: Access Now
HEALTHCARE LIFE COACHING BLOG: Please visit our Healthcare Coaching interactive web blog. Our blog contains articles, news, events and information related the Health Coaching and Life Coaching field.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. offers a comprehensive, quality, Certification program for qualified professionals including, physicians, nurses, counselors, social workers, dieticians, and other professional providers in "Health Care Life Coaching ." This certification focuses on the validation of the attainment of advanced continuing education related to client coaching, change management, and health care wellness and nutrition consulting.
objectives of the health care life coach certification Program are:
Provide a high quality program of Certification for professionals practicing coaching clients for change, health care wellness and nutrition consulting.
Develop and support high standards of education and practice requirements for the attainment of certification.
Provide a mechanism for the ongoing involvement of a peer advisory board of qualified professionals to oversee program development and requirements for certification.
Provide society with a mechanism to ascertain the appropriate education, skills, knowledge and experience required by professionals who offer such services.
Establish quality standards and requirements for the recertification of its credentialed members, attesting to ongoing education and skill attainment in the practice specialty of health life care coaching.
Provide a comprehensive program of approvals for continuing education, seminars, offerings, independent study, and other related educational activities, to ensure high quality standards are met and that such programs are of value to professionals practicing health care life coaching.
Certified Health Care Life Coach- requires attainment of the following certification criteria:
- Completion of an official, established education program to prepare individuals for the practice of Health Care Life Coaching in change management, wellness and nutrition consulting.
Candidates for the Certification must successfully complete the continuing education program endorsed by The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. Completion of the required education courses qualifies the educational component necessary to apply for Certification. This program consists of 204 contact hours of continuing education. See Full Program: Acess here.
- Requisite for all Applicants for Certification: in addition to meeting the educational criteria as provided above, applicants for Certification must meet one of these criteria: 1.) a registered nurse currently licensed to practice nursing, 2). a licensed social worker, 3). a health care licensed professional, 4). a health care provider with a minimum of an associate degree, 5). a licensed counselor or psychologist, 6). holds a bachelor's degree or higher in psychology, human services, or other health related field, 7). a licensed dietician, 8). a certified professional in holistic / integrative health care, 9). a health care educator, 10). a health care case manager, 11). a certified life coach.
Certification- Identification & Credentials
Those applicants who become certified by the AIHCP in Health Care Life Coaching may use the initials/credential HCLC-C, after their names:
"HEALTH CARE LIFE COACH-CERTIFIED "
All certifications shall be for a period of 4 years from the date that the initial certification.
POLICIES OF THE AIHCP, INC: access here
THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS: We have a dedicated page that provides a quick over-view of our certification process. It will provide you with good information about the process/phases of both the education courses and application for certification. To access: click here
Certified members may receive recertification at the expiration of their four year term by:
- Obtaining 50 or more hours of continuing education within the four year period of certification. Click here: Criteria for Recertification
Those applicants who have successfully achieved certification, or recertification receive a large size official Certificate attesting to certification, as well as an official letter of notification. The certificate is suitable for framing and details the official professional certification title, initials that may be used, and time frames for certification. Those recertifying receive a new, updated certificate. Wallet size identification cards of certification are also presented.
- The certification fee for the Health Care Life Coach is $ 200.00 for the four year term of certification. Payment in full is due at the time of application. If an applicant does not meet certification criteria, the application fee is refunded. A completed application must be mailed in to the with full payment to be considered for certification. Application is available on this website.
- Application for Recertification is $ 200.00 for the next four year period. This is a one time payment and is required in full at the time of application for recertification. A completed application must accompany the payment.
- Major credit cards are accepted. Check and money orders are to be payable to : The American Institute of Healthcare Professionals.
Education Programs for Recertification
Applicants may obtain education hours by completion of any type of formal program in specifically related to Coaching and /or Wellness and Nutrition Consulting. Such programs include:
- University/College Programs and Courses
- Continuing Education Courses
- Distance Learning Programs
- Self-Study Programs
- Courses offered by Professional Associations
The AIHCP reserves the right to approve all such courses for consideration toward re-certification. For any courses to be considered, applicants must submit copies of all certificates of completion or transcripts verifying completion. Applicants who are using their degrees to meet partial fulfillment of the education requirements for certification must have official transcripts submitted from their University or College, directly to the AIHCP.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, provides a "Fellowship Program" for its certified members in Health Care Life Coaching. Access Information.
Click here for the online application. Please print application and postal mail.
Updated: February 2010