Life Coaching II
Life Coaching II: This is a two part course the first part of which introduces the student to various inventories, test and other resources used in a life coaching practice. Topics include: personal identity, developing spiritual purpose, communication skills, living life with integrity, living up to one’s potential and others. Concepts and templates that a life coach can use in serving clients and in self-care are presented along as well. The second part covers life coaching from a cognitive-behavioral approach showing how each compliments and enhances the other and how together they can be applied to emotional issues, problem solving, persistence and assertiveness, resilience, risk-taking, decision-making and the personal change processes. Upon successful completion of this course, students are awarded 30 contact hours of continuing education credits. Course Code: LC 410
Prerequisite to enroll: applications must meet at least one of these position criteria to enter the Health Care Life Coach Program and enroll into this course: for Certification must meet one of these criteria: 1.) a registered nurse currently licensed to practice nursing, 2). a licensed social worker, 3). a health care licensed professional, 4). a health care provider with a minimum of an associate degree, 5). a licensed counselor or psychologist, 6). holds a bachelor's degree or higher in psychology, human services, or other health related field, 7). a licensed dietician, 8). a certified professional in holistic / integrative health care, 9). a health care educator, 10). a health care case manager, 11). a certified life coach.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. is a licensed Continuing Education Provider in the State of California, Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 15595
Instructor/Course Author: Thomas Schear, Ph.D
Link to Resume
TIME FRAME: You are allotted two years from the date of enrollment, to complete this course. There are no set time-frames, other than the two year allotted time. If you do not complete the course within the two-year time-frame, you will be removed from the course and an "incomplete" will be recorded for you in our records. Also, if you would like to complete the course after this two-year expiration time, you would need to register and pay the course tuition fee again.
TEXTBOOKS: There are two (2) textbooks for the course:
Total Life Coach: A Compendium of Resources by Patrick William & Lloyd J. Thomas ISBN-10: 0393704343
Life Coaching: A Cognitive Behavioral Approach by Michael Neena & Windy Dryden ISBN-10: 978-0415661836
AIHCP Online Bookstore: AIHCP provides an online bookstore stocked with all of the required textbooks, and/or materials required for its CE courses. To purchase this book online, click the access store link, go to the table of categories, right upper hand corner, and click on Health Care Life Coach. Access AIHCP Store: click here
GRADING: You must achieve a passing score of at least 70% to complete this course and receive the 30 hours of awarded continuing education credit. There are no letter grades assigned. You will receive notice of your total % score. Those who score below the minimum of 70% will be contacted by the instructor at American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. and options for completing additional course work to achieve a passing score will be presented.
ONLINE COMMUNITY MESSAGE BOARDS: Enrolled students have full access to our online Student Community Message Boards. These message boards allow students in our CE courses to meet each other, communicate online, share information, discuss topics of study and interest and much more. Full access is provided via the online classrooms.
Online Classroom Resources and Tools
* Message Boards: each specialty program has an area to "post" on the message board. Students may post messages at anytime. Posting allows students to converse with those in the same specialty practice and to discuss issues/course content etc. Instructions for posting are provided in the online classrooms.
* Chat Rooms: each specialty has it's own unique "chat room." Inside of the classroom there is a schedule for "chat time" with students in your specific specialty practice. Participating in "chats" is voluntary. The chat sessions are used as means for students to come together and discuss course content or anything related to the courses and/or certification specialty.
* Examination Access: there is link to take you right to the online examination program where you can print out your examination and work with it. All examinations are formatted as "open book" tests. When you are ready, you can access the exam program at anytime and click in your responses to the questions. Full information is provided in the online classrooms.
* Student Resource Center: there is a link for access to a web page "Student Resource Center." The Resource Center provides for easy access to all of our policies/procedures and additional information regarding applying for certification. We also have many links to many outside reference sites, such as online libraries that you may freely access.
* Online Evaluation: there is a link in the classroom where you may access the course evaluation. All students completing a course, must, without exception, complete the course evaluation.
* Faculty Access Information: you will have access to your instructor's online resume/biography, as well as your instructor's specific contact information.
* Additional Learning Materials: some faculty have prepared additional "readings" and /or brief lecture notes to enhance your experience. All of these are available in the online classrooms.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Introduction to various inventories, tests, resources to assist with searching for/creating personal identity.
- Introduction to various inventories, tests, resources to assist with developing spiritual and life purpose.
- Introduction to various inventories, tests, resources to assist with enhancing communication skills.
- Introduction to various inventories, tests, resources to assist with living life with integrity.
- Introduction to various inventories, tests, resources to assist in living up to ones potential.
- Introduction to various inventories, tests, resources to assist with learning cognitive skills.
- Introduction to various inventories, tests, resources to assist with the development of high-quality relationships.
- Introduction to various inventories, tests, resources to assist with understanding one’s past while creating a positive future.
- Understand the coaching approach to emotional issues and problem solving.
- Understand the coaching approach to persistence and assertiveness.
- Understand the concept of and the development of resilience.
- Understand the coaching approach to risk-taking, making decisions and the personal change process.