Energy Focused & Spiritual Meditation
AIHCP BLOG: Please visit our interactive web blog. Here you will find frequently added information on our programs, articles and news by practice speciality, and much more. Register and become a part of our professional health care community.
This is the fifth course in the Meditation Instructor Education and Certification program. This course allows the students to concentrate their studies on the concepts of "energy" and the use of meditation techniques and therapies to enhance overall energy systems of the body, mind, spirit. A comprehensive presentation is presented, including the study and application of of meditation strategies using sound, colors, visualizations and touch.
Students study the energy systems of the body in relation to body systems. Meditations for implementation are presented for self use and client use regarding focus on body systems, mind systems, and the spiritual body. Enhancements for meditation include the study of the use of gems, crystals, and light meditations. Students also receive in depth study of the brain, it's physiology, corresponding mental/cognitive states, and meditation techniques to enhance mental/mind development. This course also presents a comprehensive study of "metaphysics" and how meditation techniques and therapies are used to develop psychic awareness, telepathy, clairvoyance and clairaudience. Throughout the course, students practice these specific meditations and learn how they can be used in instructing clients for various goal-directed outcomes. Course Code = MED 380. Contact hours of education = 20.
Prerequisites: students must have successfully completed; Meditation courses 300 through and including MED 370, to register for this course.
This course is particularly designed for those who would like to apply for Certification as a Certified Meditation Instructor by the American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc,.
This is a guided, independent study CEU Course. You are to study and progress at your own rate. There are no written assignments. It is recommended that you follow this process for completing the course:
Instructor/Course Author: Dominick L. Flarey, Ph.D, MBA, RN,BC, CH-C,FACHE
Link to Resume
TIME FRAME: You are allotted two years from the date of enrollment, to complete all of the courses in this program. There are no set time-frames, other than the two year allotted time. If you do not complete the courses within the two-year time-frame, you will be removed from the course and an "incomplete" will be recorded for you in our records. Also, if you would like to complete the courses after this two-year expiration time, you would need to register and pay the course tuition fee again.
Meditation as Spiritual Practice . By: Genevieve Lewis Paulson. Woodbury; Llewellyn Publications: 2006. ISBN-10: 0738708518 ISBN-13: 978-0738708515
You are required to order your own copy of the textbook. Please
be sure to order your book as soon as possible so that you can
begin your course of study.
AIHCP Online Bookstore: AIHCP provides an online bookstore stocked with all of the required textbooks, and/or materials required for its CE courses. To purchase this book online, click the access store link, go to the table of categories, right upper hand corner, and click on Meditation Instructor. Access AIHCP Store: click here
Instructor: Your instructor for this course is Dominick L. Flarey, Ph.D, RN,BC, CH-C, FACHE, a certified clinical hypnotherapist, meditation instructor and the executive director of the American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. Access information.
GRADING: You must achieve a passing score of at least 70% to complete this course and receive the 20 hours of awarded continuing education credit. There are no letter grades assigned. You will receive notice of your total % score. Those who score below the minimum of 70% will be contacted by the American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc., and options for completing additional course work to achieve a passing score, will be presented.
BOARD APPROVALS: The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. is a licensed Continuing Education Provider in the State of California, Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 15595. Access information
Online Classroom Resouces and Tools
* Message Boards: each specialty program has an area to "post" on the message board. Students may post messages at anytime. Posting allows students to converse with those in the same specialty practice and to discuss issues/course content etc. Instructions for posting are provided in the online classrooms.
* Chat Rooms: each specialty has it's own unique "chat room." Inside of the classroom there is a schedule for "chat time" with students in your specific specialty practice. Participating in "chats" is voluntary. The chat sessions are used as means for students to come together and discuss course content or anything related to the courses and/or certification specialty.
* Examination Access: there is link to take you right to the online examination program where you can print out your examination and work with it. All examinations are formatted as "open book" tests. When you are ready, you can access the exam program at anytime and click in your responses to the questions. Full information is provided in the online classrooms.
* Student Resource Center: there is a link for access to a web page "Student Resource Center." The Resource Center provides for easy access to all of our policies/procedures and additional information regarding applying for certification. We also have many links to many outside reference sites, such as online libraries that you may freely access.
* Online Evaluation: there is a link in the classroom where you may access the course evaluation. All students completing a course, must, without exception, complete the course evaluation.
* Faculty Access Information: you will have access to your instructor's online resume/biography, as well as your instructor's specific contact information.
* Additional Learning Materials: some faculty have prepared additional "readings" and /or brief lecture notes to enhance your experience. All of these are available in the online classrooms.
Upon Completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Review preparations of the body for meditation therapies.
2. Understand the use of symbolism in meditation.
3. Review and discuss the steps in the process of meditation.
4. Understand how meditations can broaden body/mind/spirit development.
5. Identify and practice meditation strategies related to gaining inner strength working with energy systems.
6. Learn meditation techniques for mental work including idea development and problem solving.
7. Learn and practice meditations with spiritual texts and concepts.
8. Review and discuss the chakra energy systems.
9. Learn and apply meditation techniques for using the sense as tools in therapy.
10. Learn to incorporate sounds/mantra for use in energy focused meditations.
11. Learn how to and practice use of gems and crystals to enhance energies in meditation.
12. Discuss and practice the concept of doing "nature" meditations.
13. Discuss and practice concepts of "galaxy" meditations to enhance energy systems.
14. Describe and discuss meditation practices in working the energies of "white" light and the energies of colors.
15. Identify and discuss the positive and the negative effects of using color in energy and meditation therapies.
16. Understand and discuss extrasensory perceptions and experiences.
17. Identify how meditation can be a vehicle for the development of clairvoyance, clairaudience and clairsentience.
18. Practice meditations that may enhance psychic abilities
19. Discuss techniques for meditating on sacred scriptures and verses.
20. Define and discuss how meditation may enhance cognitive brain function.
21. Identify and practice meditations that enhance brain development.
22. Discuss the concept of "enlightenment" and how meditation practices can be a path to it.
23. Identify glands of the body and meditations that can be used to enhance their normal balance and functioning.
24. Discuss the concept of empowerment and how it relates to meditation practices.
25. Understand the theories of altered states of consciousness and the role of meditation in developing such states.
26. Define guides, angles and other spiritual concepts related to meditation.
27. Review the concept of contemplation and its role in energy focused meditations.
1. Energy systems of the body, mind, sprit
2. The use of energy in meditation practices
3. Body/mind preparations for meditation
4. Meditation to broaden development
5. Physical, mental and spiritual bodies and systems related to energy
6. Using the senses as tools for meditation
7. Use of gems, crystals and earth minerals in meditation
8. Nature focused meditation practices
9. Meditation with planetary systems and galaxy meditations
10. White energy meditations
11. Color energy meditations
12. Using non-focused meditations
13. Meditation and extrasensory perceptions
14. Telepathy and thought transferences
15. Meditation using psychic abilities
16. Evolution through meditation
17. Meditations and cognition
18. Meditations for general brain development
19. Meditations and growth through experiences
20. Glands of the body and affects of meditation
21. Prayer and meditation
22. Altered Body states
23. The inner and outer bodies and planes
24. Guides/angels and mediation therapies
25. Contemplative states and meditations