Exploration of the Spirit Realm:
A Christian Perspective
AIHCP BLOG: Please visit our interactive web blog. Here you will find frequently added information on our programs, articles and news by practice speciality, and much more. Register and become a part of our professional health care community.
Christian metaphysics is an essential element to Christian doctrine. The dualistic nature of a temporal reality and a supernatural reality however is forever interwoven. Hence it is important for a Christian counselor to have a sound practical and theological understanding of the supernatural element of the human person. Within this falls a broad range of topics. This includes the spiritual charisms of the Holy Spirit that range from gifts of discernment to spiritual care of the soul. In addition to this, it involves an exploration of the angelic realm, both good and bad, and an understanding of humanity’s eschatological ends. This course hopes to sharpen “spiritual senses” in counseling with a better understanding of Christian metaphysical concepts and Christian based interaction with the supernatural realm. Course Code: SC 590. Contact hours of education = 30.
Pre-requisite: you must have successfully completed SC 570 and SC 580, before you may enroll into this CE course.
Instructor/Course Author: Mark Moran, M.A.
Resume: access here
This is a guided, independent study CE Course. You are to study and progress at your own rate. There are no written assignments.
TIME FRAME: You are allotted two years from the date of enrollment of the first course in this program, to complete all of the courses required in the Spiritual Counseling- Christian Focused program. There are no set time-frames, other than the two year allotted time. If you do not complete the course within the two-year time-frame, you will be removed from the course and an "incomplete" will be recorded for you in our records. Also, if you would like to complete the course after this two-year expiration time, you would need to register and pay the course tuition fee again.
TEXTBOOKS: There is one (1) required textbook for this course:
The School of the Seers: A Practical Guide on How to See the Unseen by Jonathan Welton. Destiny Images Publishers Inc., 2009. ISBN: 0-7684-3101-8
AIHCP Online Bookstore: AIHCP provides an online bookstore stocked with all of the required textbooks, and/or materials required for its CE courses. To purchase this book online, click the access store link, go to the table of categories, right upper hand corner, and click on "Spiritual Christian Counseling." Access AIHCP Store: click here
There are additional readings by Mark Moran, which are required for this course. These are provided to students who are enrolled.
GRADING: You must achieve a passing score of at least 70% to complete this course and receive the 30 hours of awarded continuing education credit. There are no letter grades assigned. You will receive notice of your total % score. Those who score below the minimum of 70% will be contacted by the American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. and options for completing additional course work to achieve a passing score will be presented.
BOARD APPROVALS: The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. is a licensed Continuing Education Provider in the State of California, Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 15595. Access information
Online Classroom Resouces and Tools
* Message Boards: each specialty program has an area to "post" on the message board. Students may post messages at anytime. Posting allows students to converse with those in the same specialty practice and to discuss issues/course content etc. Instructions for posting are provided in the online classrooms.
* Chat Rooms: each specialty has it's own unique "chat room." Inside of the classroom there is a schedule for "chat time" with students in your specific specialty practice. Participating in "chats" is voluntary. The chat sessions are used as means for students to come together and discuss course content or anything related to the courses and/or certification specialty.
* Examination Access: there is link to take you right to the online examination program where you can print out your examination and work with it. All examinations are formatted as "open book" tests. When you are ready, you can access the exam program at anytime and click in your responses to the questions. Full information is provided in the online classrooms.
* Student Resource Center: there is a link for access to a web page "Student Resource Center." The Resource Center provides for easy access to all of our policies/procedures and additional information regarding applying for certification. We also have many links to many outside reference sites, such as online libraries that you may freely access.
* Online Evaluation: there is a link in the classroom where you may access the course evaluation. All students completing a course, must, without exception, complete the course evaluation.
* Faculty Access Information: you will have access to your instructor's online resume/biography, as well as your instructor's specific contact information.
* Additional Learning Materials: some faculty have prepared additional "readings" and /or brief lecture notes to enhance your experience. All of these are available in the online classrooms.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
To understand the relevance of Christian Metaphysical topics in Christian Counseling
To apply these concepts in future counseling segments
To be able to identify the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit
To be able to discern spirits
To identify obstacles to discernment
To compare and contrast a seer and prophet
To explain the difference between angelic nature and human nature
To utilize better Biblical meditative techniques
To be better prepared for spiritual warfare in counseling
To enhance one’s own spiritual life
A brief abstract of course content:
- The Mantle of Fire and Water
- The Spiritual Senses
- We Can All See
- Prophets and Seers
- The Unseen Realm
- Questions About the Angelic Realm
- Discerning Spirits
- Hindrances to Discernment
- The Force of Love
- Healing Spiritual Blindness
- Four Keys to Increasing Faith
- Biblical Meditation
- Worship in Spirit and Truth
- Entrusted with Secrets
- From Glory to Glory
- Metaphysical Concepts
- The Holy Spirit and Counseling
- Angelic Nature
- Demonic Activity