PET-LOSS GRIEF RECOVERY SPECIALIST
Have questions? Join us on "live chat" online now! One of our advisors will be happy to assist you and respond to your questions: Access NowPET LOSS GRIEF COUNSELING BLOG: Please visit our Pet Loss Grief Counseling interactive web blog. Our blog contains articles, news, events and information related the Pet Loss Grief Counseling field.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. offers a comprehensive, quality, Certification program for those professionals meeting the appropriate pre-requisites, in Pet-Loss Grief Recovery. This certification focuses on the validation of the attainment of advanced continuing education related to all facets of grief/bereavement due to "pet loss." This program is open only to those professionals meeting established pre-requisites. Click on the red link above "Education Program" for full details.
objectives of the pet-loss grief recovery SPECIALIST certification Program are:
Provide a high quality program of Certification for qualifying professionals working in health care and practicing in the specialty or adding to their specialty practice, "Pet-Loss Grief Recovery."
Develop and support high standards of education and practice requirements for the attainment of certification.
Provide a mechanism for the ongoing involvement of a peer advisory board of qualified professionals to oversee program development and requirements for certification.
Provide society with a mechanism to ascertain the appropriate education, skills, knowledge and experience required by professionals who offer such services.
Establish quality standards and requirements for the recertification of its credentialed members, attesting to ongoing education and skill attainment in the practice specialty of pet-loss grief recovery.
Provide a comprehensive program of approvals for continuing education, seminars, offerings, independent study, and other related educational activities, to ensure high quality standards are met and that such programs are of value to professionals practicing pet-loss grief recovery.
Certified Pet-Loss Grief Specialist - requires attainment of the following certification criteria:
- Completion of an official, established education program to prepare qualified candidates/professionals, for the practice of Pet-Loss Grief Recovery.
- Candidates for the Certification must successfully complete the continuing education program by The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. Completion of the required education courses qualifies the educational component necessary to apply for Certification. This program consists of 170 contact hours of continuing education. See Full Program: Access here
- Requisite for all Applicants for Certification: in addition to meeting the educational criteria as provided above, applicants for Certification must meet at least one of the following requisites: is a registered nurse, physician, veterinarian, social worker, licensed counselor, psychologist, licensed clergy and/or ordained minister practicing in current ministry in the areas of grief/bereavement, a licensed funeral director who provides pet burial services, or a currently certified grief counseling by the American Academy of Grief Counseling. Note: veterinary assistants who have attained an undergraduate degree, and who work under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian, may qualify. Other credentials may apply if approved by the American Academy of Grief Counseling.
Certification- Identification & Credentials
Those applicants who become certified by the AIHCP in Pet-Loss Grief Recovery may use the initials/credential " PGRS-C" after their names:
"Certified Pet-Loss Grief Recovery Specialist "
THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS: We have a dedicated page that provides a quick over-view of our certification process. It will provide you with good information about the process/phases of both the education courses and application for certification. To access: click here
All certifications shall be for a period of 3 years from the date that the initial certification.
Certified members may receive recertification at the expiration of their three year term by:
- Obtaining 50 or more hours of continuing education within the three year period of certification. Click here: Criteria for Recertification
Those applicants who have successfully achieved certification, or recertification receive a large size official Certificate attesting to certification, as well as an official letter of notification. The certificate is suitable for framing and details the official professional certification title, initials that may be used, and time frames for certification. Those recertifying receive a new, updated certificate. Wallet size identification cards of certification are also presented.
- The certification fee for the Pet-Loss Grief Recovery Specialist is $175.00 for the three year term of certification. Payment in full is due at the time of application. If an applicant does not meet certification criteria, the application fee is refunded. A completed application must be mailed in to the with full payment to be considered for certification. Application is available on this website.
- Application for Recertification is $ 175.00 for the next three year period. This is a one time payment and is required in full at the time of application for recertification. A completed application must accompany the payment.
- Major credit cards are accepted. Check and money orders are to be payable to : The American Institute of Healthcare Professionals.
Education Programs for Recertification
Applicants may obtain education hours by completion of any type of formal program in specifically related to grief, bereavement, mourning. Such programs include:
- University/College Programs and Courses
- Continuing Education Courses
- Distance Learning Programs
- Self-Study Programs
- Courses offered by Professional Associations
The AIHCP reserves the right to approve all such courses for consideration toward re-certification. For any courses to be considered, applicants must submit copies of all certificates of completion or transcripts verifying completion. Applicants who are using their degrees to meet partial fulfillment of the education requirements for certification must have official transcripts submitted from their University or College, directly to the AIHCP.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, provides a "Fellowship Program" for its certified members in Pet-Loss Grief Recovery. Access Information.
Click here for the online application. Please print application and postal mail.