Dr. Rosemary A. Castelli
Ed.D., FAAGC, GC-C, CFC, PT-CSP.
- BA History and Philosophy, Caldwell College, Caldwell, NJ, (cum laude)
- MA Intellectual History, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ, (summa cum laude)
- Ed.D. Higher Education, Widener University, West Chester, PA, (summa cum laude) Dissertation: Critical Thinking and Liberal Arts. Areas of specialty and research interest include: Organizational Psychology, Educational Psychology, Organization Theory, Critical Thinking
- Advanced Studies in Theology and Spirituality: Dominican Sisters of Caldwell: Noviciate and Scholasticate.
Professional Practice/Work history:
- 1965 - 1979: Teacher of History and Religious Studies for the Dominican Order of Caldwell, New Jersey and the Diocese of Wilmington, DE
- 1979 - 1990: Professor of Humanities and Philosophy, Department Chair and Associate Academic Dean: Goldey Beacom College, Wilmington, DE
- 1990 - 1995: Dean of Student Affairs and Academic Resources, Cecil Community College, North East, MD
- 1995 - 1999: Dean of Academic Affairs, Schenectady County College, Schenectady, NY
- 1999 - 2003: Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean of the College, Adirondack Community College, Queensbury, NY
- Present: Certified Funeral Celebrant: McCrery Funeral Homes, Inc., and
Doherty Funeral Homes, Wilmington, DE.
- Present: Certified Grief Counselor: McCrery Funeral Homes, Inc., Wilmington, DE and Private Practice (Lasting Remembrances).
- Present: Funeral Assistant for Video Tributes, Custom Memorial Folders/Obituaries: McCrery Funeral Homes, Inc. Wilmington, DE.
- Present: Distance Learning Instructor in Grief Counseling: American Academy of Grief Counseling.
- Over 40 years experience giving courses, lectures, workshops and training to organizations and community groups on a variety of topics related to ethics, critical thinking, spirituality, stress management, conflict resolution, grieving, faith/moral development, and diversity issues
- Former owner and manager of The Glens Falls Inn, Glens Falls, NY
- Creative Writer: “Reflections from a Speck in the Universe,” a quarterly essay series.
- Have served on a variety of community boards including the following: Chairman of the Board, Cornell Cooperative Extension, Schenectady, NY
- Schenectady County Animal Protective Association
- Proctor’s Theater, Schenectady, NY
- Lower Adirondack Arts Council, Upstate, NY
- Vice Chair, Hudson Mohawk Higher Education Association, Albany NY
- Professional Women’s Association, Upstate, N
- Warren County Business Network, Upstate, NY
- Church ad hoc groups for liturgy and religious education
Related Professional Affiliations:
- Fellow in the American Academy of Grief Counseling
- Advisory Board member of the American Academy of Grief Counseling for Grief Counseling and Pastoral Thanatology
- Certification in Grief Counseling and Thanatology: American Academy of Grief Counseling
- Certified Specialist in Pastoral Thanatology: American Academy of Grief Counseling
- Certification as a Funeral Service Associate: American Institute of Funeral Service Associates
- Certification in Stress Management Consulting and Therapy: American Institute of Health Care Professionals
- Association of Death Education and Counseling
- Member: Grace Episcopal Church, Wilmington DE, Cemetery Committee.
- Community Guest Speaker and Workshop Presenter