. .

Changing Custody Agreement In Ky

The court recognized that, in most cases, parents are the preferred choice of guardian for a child. It is only in situations where the parent is not willing to care for the child that a de facto guardian obtains custody. If you are unable to agree on a custody plan, the court must order a custody regime based on the best interests of the child, which it will determine after you and your spouse have presented all your evidence in court. It is not enough to justify someone else who gets custody of your child if they are unable to care for your child, whether because of military obligations, health problems, detention or some other situation that prevents you from caring for your child. Shared custody is the place where two parents make common decisions for the child, usually for important life choices. For day-to-day decisions about the child, it is usually the parent who is in the child`s possession who makes these decisions, but when an important life choice concerns the child, such as surgery, education or religion, parents who are common guardians must agree on those decisions. Courts must be neutral in determining custody of children and must not take into account the sex of the parent in that decision. If you and the other parent do not agree to change the custody order, you can still ask the court to make the change. But you`re going to have to ask for a trial. At the hearing, you should prove that it is in the best interests of the child and there has been a significant change in your situation, including a change in: Here are some examples of situations in which a court could change custody: there is not much specific information that Kentucky needs in the custody contract. In general, a good agreement will be reached: custody of the children is determined either by the agreement of the parties or by order of the court. Depending on when the parties can give their consent or when the court will make its final order, the date on which custody of the children will be determined. If you and the other parent fail to reach an agreement on your own, the court is free to take invasive measures, including examining you two, at home, questioning your friends and neighbours and even questioning your child (KRS 403.300).

Kentucky lawyers answer frequently asked questions about child custody laws in Kentucky.

Comments are closed.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.