ATTENTION DEFICIT CONSULTING
Have questions? Join us on "live chat" online now! One of our advisors will be happy to assist you and respond to your questions: Access Now
AIHCP BLOG: Please visit our interactive web blog. Here you will find frequently added information on our programs, articles and news by practice speciality, and much more. Register and become a part of our professional health care community.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. offers a comprehensive, quality, Certification program for qualified professionals in attention deficit consulting. This certification focuses on the validation of the attainment of advanced continuing education related to all facets of Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorders. This program is open only to health care and other specific professionals who are currently licensed to practice in their state or country.
objectives of the Attention Deficit Consulting certification Program are:
Provide a high quality program of Certification for health care professionals and other closely related professionals in the care and treatment of patients with the established diagnosis of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders.
Develop and support high standards of education and practice requirements for the attainment of certification.
Provide a mechanism for the ongoing involvement of a peer advisory board of qualified professionals to oversee program development and requirements for certification.
Provide society with a mechanism to ascertain the appropriate education, skills, knowledge and experience required by professionals who offer such services.
Establish quality standards and requirements for the recertification of its credentialed members, attesting to ongoing education and skill attainment in the practice specialty of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders.
Provide a comprehensive program of approvals for continuing education, seminars, offerings, independent study, and other related educational activities, to ensure high quality standards are met and that such programs are of value to professionals providing care/treatment to clients with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders.
Certified Attention Deficit Consultant- requires attainment of the following certification criteria:
- Completion of an official, established education program to prepare qualified professionals for practice as a Certified Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Consultant.
- Candidates for the Certification must successfully complete the continuing education program by The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. Completion of the required education courses qualifies the educational component necessary to apply for Certification. This program consists of 200 contact hours of continuing education. See Full Program: Access here
- Requisite for all Applicants for Certification: in addition to meeting the educational criteria as provided above, applicants for Certification must meet one of the following pre-requisites to enter this program: 1). a psychologist, 2). a licensed social worker, 3). a licensed counselor, 4). a registered nurse, 5). a physician, 6). a school counselor, 7). hold a graduate degree in educational counseling, 8). a college degree in human services, psychology, or human behavior, 9). other college degrees may be applicable if they are in a related area or if the candidate can verify significant job experiences working with clients diagnosed with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder under the direct supervision of one who would qualify as a candidate above. Such cases are evaluated on an individual basis.
Certification- Identification & Credentials
Those applicants who become certified by the AIHCP in Attention Deficit Consulting may use the initials/credential "ADC-C" after their names:
"Certified Attention Deficit Consultant "
All certifications shall be for a period of 3 years from the date that the initial certification is conferred.
Certified members may receive recertification at the expiration of their three year term by:
- Obtaining 50 or more hours of continuing education within the three year period of certification. Click here: Criteria for Recertification
Those applicants who have successfully achieved certification, or recertification receive a large size official Certificate attesting to certification, as well as an official letter of notification. The certificate is suitable for framing and details the official professional certification title, initials that may be used, and time frames for certification. Those recertifying receive a new, updated certificate. Wallet size identification cards of certification are also presented.
- The certification fee for the Attention Deficit Consultant is $ 200.00 for the four (4) year term of certification. Payment in full is due at the time of application. If an applicant does not meet certification criteria, the application fee is refunded. A completed application must be mailed in to the with full payment to be considered for certification. Application is available on this website.
- Application for Recertification is $ 200.00 for the next four (4) year period. This is a one time payment and is required in full at the time of application for recertification. A completed application must accompany the payment.
- Major credit cards are accepted. Check and money orders are to be payable to : The American Institute of Healthcare Professionals.
Education Programs for Recertification
Applicants may obtain education hours by completion of any type of formal program in specifically related to Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders. Such programs include:
- University/College Programs and Courses
- Continuing Education Courses
- Distance Learning Programs
- Self-Study Programs
- Courses offered by Professional Associations
The AIHCP reserves the right to approve all such courses for consideration toward re-certification. For any courses to be considered, applicants must submit copies of all certificates of completion or transcripts verifying completion. Applicants who are using their degrees to meet partial fulfillment of the education requirements for certification must have official transcripts submitted from their University or College, directly to the AIHCP.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, provides a "Fellowship Program" for its certified members in Attention Deficit Consulting. Access Information.
Click here for the online application. Please print application and postal mail.