PATH OF LIGHT
AIHCP BLOG: Please visit our interactive web blog. Here you will find frequently added information on our programs, articles and news by practice speciality, and much more. Register and become a part of our professional health care community.
This online continuing education course is designed for certified spiritual counselors. This is a comprehensive course that details excellent interpretation and life applications of the principles in a "Course in Miracles." The accompanying text book is one of the best interpretive works on the "course" available today. This course is focused on a spiritual psychotherapy content and presents further learning regarding the core principles in modern spirituality and practice today. Students will learn more about the Course in Miracles and develop insight into its study benefits as a path of transformation.
Spiritual Counselors will be able to utilize life adaptation principles learned to assist clients in their own spiritual development and transformations. Students will gain a more in-depth appreciation of a Course in Miracles and its inherent usefulness in spiritual counseling practice. Upon successful completion of this course, 50 contact hours of education are awarded for recertification status.
Instructor/Course Author: Dominick L. Flarey, Ph.D, RN,BC, GC-C, SC-C
Link to Resume
TEXTBOOKS: There is one (1) required textbook for this course. Path of Light: Stepping into Peace with a Course in Miracles. By: Robert Perry. West Sedona;Circle Publishing:2004. ISBN # 1-886602-23-9
You are required to order your own copy of the textbook. Please be sure to order your book as soon as possible so that you can begin your course of study.
You may order the textbook directly on line from Amazon.com by accessing the link below in red.
AIHCP Online Bookstore: AIHCP provides an online bookstore stocked with all of the required textbooks, and/or materials required for its CE courses. To purchase this book online, click the access store link, go to the table of categories, right upper hand corner, and click on "Spiritual Counseling." Access AIHCP Store: click here
TIME FRAME: You are allotted two years from the date of enrollment, to complete this course. There are no set time-frames, other than the two year allotted time.
BOARD APPROVALS: The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. is a licensed Continuing Education Provider in the State of California, Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 15595. Access information
Online Classroom Resouces and Tools
* Message Boards: each specialty program has an area to "post" on the message board. Students may post messages at anytime. Posting allows students to converse with those in the same specialty practice and to discuss issues/course content etc. Instructions for posting are provided in the online classrooms.
* Chat Rooms: each specialty has it's own unique "chat room." Inside of the classroom there is a schedule for "chat time" with students in your specific specialty practice. Participating in "chats" is voluntary. The chat sessions are used as means for students to come together and discuss course content or anything related to the courses and/or certification specialty.
* Examination Access: there is link to take you right to the online examination program where you can print out your examination and work with it. All examinations are formatted as "open book" tests. When you are ready, you can access the exam program at anytime and click in your responses to the questions. Full information is provided in the online classrooms.
* Student Resource Center: there is a link for access to a web page "Student Resource Center." The Resource Center provides for easy access to all of our policies/procedures and additional information regarding applying for certification. We also have many links to many outside reference sites, such as online libraries that you may freely access.
* Online Evaluation: there is a link in the classroom where you may access the course evaluation. All students completing a course, must, without exception, complete the course evaluation.
* Faculty Access Information: you will have access to your instructor's online resume/biography, as well as your instructor's specific contact information.
* Additional Learning Materials: some faculty have prepared additional "readings" and /or brief lecture notes to enhance your experience. All of these are available in the online classrooms.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Define and discuss "A Course in Miracles."
2. Identify and define how a Course in Miracles is aligned with great spiritual traditions.
3. Discuss a Course in Miracles as a spiritual path.
4. Discuss the genesis of a Course in Miracles.
5. To find the basic fundamental teachings and principles of the "course."
6. Define who authored a Course in Miracles and how it was received.
7. Discuss the similarities of the course related to familiar biblical patterns.
8. To find essential teaching of the course.
9. Define and discuss the ways that a course in miracles is looked at today and its potential's for teaching and transformation.
10. Discuss the concepts of "innocence" and "victim."
11. Understand the concept of "ego."
12. Discuss the course's teaching on "special" relationships.
13. Define and discuss the concepts of guilt.
14. Identify and discuss the six levels of the mind as taught by a course in miracles.
15. Define and discuss the concept of reality.
16. Define and discuss the concept of the illusion.
17. Understand and discuss how the concept of GOD is presented in the course.
18. Define the course's concept of the teaching on the "SON."
19. Discuss the course's teaching on "Heaven."
20. Understand the course's teaching on the separation and the making of the world.
21. Identify and discuss the concept of heaven and the separation as detailed by the course.
22. Discuss the teaching of "true perception."
23. Discuss the "Holy Spirit" as taught in a course in miracles.
24. Define the mechanisms of perception.
25. Discuss the concept of the perception of sin in the world.
26. Understand and discuss the concept of forgiveness as taught by the course.
27. Define justifications for forgiveness.
28. Identify practices related to forgiveness.
29. Discuss transformation in the interaction with others.
30. Discuss a course in miracles as a program for spiritual transformation.
31. Identify and discuss the three major parts of the program, a course in miracles.
32. Discuss ways in which the course in miracles should be read and studied.
33. Define how an experienced student should read the course.
34. Define and discuss the basic course terms.
35. Discuss how course content is interwoven with connections to preceding passages.
36. Discuss the importance of application in the courses language.
37. Define what it means to "take it personally," when studying a course in miracles.
38. Define what is meant by "practice" with a course in miracles.
39. Discuss the concept of practice and spiritual development.
40. Define practice saves in support for his study of a course in miracles.
41. Discuss what it means to graduate from the workbook.
42. Define and discuss the concept of "extension," related to a course in miracles.
43. Discuss the concept of the final phase of our own development.
44. Identify and understand the use of the manual for teachers in a course in miracles.
45. Identify how one becomes a "teacher" of a course in miracles.
46. Discuss the concept of healer as it relates to a course in miracles.
47. Identify issues around lifelong learning and spiritual transformation.
48. Identify and discuss the core promises of a course in miracles.
A brief abstract of content:
1. The genesis of a Course in Miracles
2. What he is a Course in Miracles?
3. Total spiritual awakening
4. Special relationships and holy relationships
5. Authorship of a Course in Miracles
6. Biblical pattern related to a course in miracles.
8. The unlearning of everything the world has taught
9. Communication from Jesus Christ
10. A new system of psychology
11. Eastern spirituality
12. Interpersonal healing and harmony
13. Foundations of teaching and core philosophies
14. Problems in life
15. The ego
16. Special relationships
17. Sin and the ego
18. Guilt and human suffering.
19. The levels of the mind
20. Origin of the problem
21. Reality and illusion
23. The Son
25. The Separation and the Making of the World
26. Dimensions of Time and Space
27. Man and Separation
28. Heaven and the Separation
30. True Perception or Vision
31. The Holy Spirit
32. The mechanisms of perception
33. Perception of sin
35. Justifications for forgiveness
36. The practice of forgiveness
37. Interacting with others
38. Studying the text of a course in miracles
39. The manual for teachers
40. The workbook for students
41. Reading of the text
42. Interpretation of the text
43. Observations from a course in miracles
44. Application of the courses language
45. Reconstructing our worldview
46. The practice of salvation
47. Practice aids and support
48. Prayer and meditation
49. The manual for teachers
50. Extension of the course
51. Living the course in miracles and continuing on the path
52. The promise of a course in miracles