The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc.
Meditation Instructor Certification
"Dedicated to Continued Learning, Growth, and Achievement in Health Care Practice"
- Request Information
- Education Program for Certification
- Online Application
- Code of Ethics for Certified Members
- Criteria for Recertification
- Continuing Education
- Online Resource Board
- Call for Course Authors/Instructors
AIHCP BLOG: Please visit our interactive web blog. Here you will find frequently added information on our programs, articles and news by practice speciality, and much more. Register and become a part of our professional health care community.
Have questions? Join us on "live chat" online now! One of our advisors will be happy to assist you and respond to your questions: Access Now
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. offers a comprehensive, quality, Certification program for qualified Meditation Instructors.
The objectives of the Meditation Instructor Certification Program are:
Provide a high quality program of Certification for professionals and para-professionals practicing as Meditation Instructors.
Develop and support high standards of education and practice requirements for the attainment of certification.
Provide a mechanism for the ongoing involvement of a peer advisory board of qualified professionals to oversee program development and requirements for certification.
Provide society with a mechanism to ascertain the appropriate education, skills, knowledge and experience required by those who offer such services.
Establish quality standards and requirements for the recertification of its credentialed members, attesting to ongoing education and skill attainment in the practice specialty of instructing/teaching meditation.
Provide a comprehensive program of approvals for continuing education, seminars, offerings, independent study, and other related educational activities, to ensure high quality standards are met and that such programs are of value to those practicing meditation instruction.
Certified Meditation Instructor- requires attainment and/or verification of one of the following certification criteria:
- Completion of an official, established education program to prepare individuals for the practice of Meditation Instructing. Educational programs must have provided a minimum of 120 hours of lecture/study. Candidates for certification must present valid evidence of successful completion of such program. The AIHCP review board will review and approve programs on an individual basis. Once a program is approved, it will be published as "approved" by the AIHCP. Programs submitted for approval consideration must have their curriculums specifically based in Meditation theory/practice. To view approved programs and courses, click here. Candidates whose can demonstrate evidence of successful completion of such programs within a five (5) year period prior to the date of application for certification, are eligible to receive certification as a Meditation Instructor. Such programs may include university and college based courses, continuing education seminars, retreats, self-study and distance learning programs, etc.
- Evidence of other combined hours of education. Combined hours may be used that were awarded for education received at seminars, colleges and universities, distance education, online courses, etc. Credits considered toward certification must have been awarded within the past four years from the date of application.
POLICIES OF THE AIHCP, INC: access here
Certification- Identification & Credentials
Those applicants who become certified by the AIHCP in Meditation Instructing may use the initials/credential C-MI, after their names:
"Certified Meditation Instructor"
All certifications shall be for a period of 3 years from the date that the initial certification.
Certified members may receive recertification at the expiration of their three year term by:
- Obtaining 50 or more hours of continuing education within the three year period of certification . Click here: Criteria for Recertification
Those applicants who have successfully achieved certification, or recertification receive a large size official Certificate attesting to certification, as well as an official letter of notification. The certificate is suitable for framing and details the official professional certification title, initials that may be used, and time frames for certification. Those recertifying receive a new, updated certificate. Wallet size identification cards of certification are also presented.
- The certification fee for Meditation Instructor is $ 175.00 for the three year term of certification. Payment in full is due at the time of application. If an applicant does not meet certification criteria, the application fee is refunded. A completed application must be mailed in to the with full payment to be considered for certification. Application is available on this website.
- Application for Recertification is $ 175.00 for the next three year period. This is a one time payment and is required in full at the time of application for recertification. A completed application must accompany the payment.
- Major credit cards are accepted. Check and money orders are to be payable to : The American Institute of Healthcare Professionals.
Education Programs for Certification and Recertification
Applicants may obtain education hours by completion of any type of formal program in specifically related to Meditation Theory/Practice. Such programs include:
- University/College Programs and Courses
- Continuing Education Courses
- Distance Learning Programs
- Self-Study Programs
- Courses offered by Professional Associations
The AIHCP reserves the right to approve all such courses for consideration toward certification. fellowship. For any courses to be considered, applicants must submit copies of all certificates of completion or transcripts verifying completion. Applicants who are using their degrees to meet partial fulfillment of the education requirements for certification must have official transcripts submitted from their University or College, directly to the AIHCP.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, provides a "Fellowship Program" for its certified members in Meditation Instruction. Access Information.
- Recertification Information
- Click here to view education programs that are approved by the AIHCP for Meditation Instructor Certification
- Click here to request more information
for the online application. Please print application and mail it.
Updated: February 2010