ONLINE CE COURSES FOR RECERTIFICATION
AIHCP BLOG: Please visit our interactive web blog. Here you will find frequently added information on our programs, articles and news by practice speciality, and much more. Register and become a part of our professional health care community.
|Certification and CE Courses Costs||How to Register for a Course||Making Application for Certification||Contact Us|
1. MEDITATIVE THERAPY
This course brings students to a higher level of application of all concepts/theories and practices of meditation, studied in the previous three courses. The focus of this course is to teach students to use and teach modalities of meditation incorporated as meditation therapies for more specific defined purposes and outcomes.
Students will learn to apply principles for more inner-directed therapies in meditation. Types of therapies are studied, as well as specific modalities which are specifically goal-directed. Students will learn to assess for the use of specific meditation therapies as well as instruct and prepare clients for their use. Focus is on student learning, and then applicability to working with clients they are teaching meditation to. Personality types are examined and students are guided to use meditation therapies according to personality issues. Preparing clients for meditation is examined. Student's also learn techniques to use with clients to help the clients remain calm and deal with abreactions. Issues related to client interpretations and client dreams are also studied. Students also gain more study in the use of visualizations, guided imageries, and other modalities to enhance meditation practices and theories. Modalities using active imagination are also presented. Course Code: MED 370. Contact hours of education = 20 hours. Course Tuition: $125.00
2. Christian Meditation: Eastern Applications - This course is designed to teach the student Meditation practices with a Christian focus, based on Eastern applications. The Christian Counselor is a source of spirituality for his or her clients. He does not only advise, heal, and guide, but enriches the soul he counsels. SC 605 covers the supplying source for this spiritual spring which is prayer. In particular, the course delves into Christian Meditative prayer. It primarily utilizes Fr. Keating’s book on centering prayer, “Open Mind, Open Heart”. Keating mixes many of the Eastern traditions of meditation with Christian notions in developing a deep prayer life for Christians that goes beyond the mere vocal prayers of the Church. In addition to this, the course also studies various Christian mystics, their works, and their meditations. Through this brief run through history, you will enrich your knowledge of the mystics and the saints but also become more familiar with their story, their writings, and their meditations. Course Code: SC 605. Contact hours of education = 50. Cost: $ 150.00
Register for Course
3. Relaxtion and Health - This comprehensive CE course examines Benson's Relaxation Response and goes well beyond to highlight his work years after its introduction. Students will not only re-examine the relaxation response but will also study other relaxation modalities used from a mind-body health care perspective. Students will study physiology as well as genetics as related to body- mind modalities. Study will continue with the examine of many illnesses and how body-mind modalities are being incorporated into care. Also examined are impressive outcomes related to relaxation modalities and other body-mind modalities. Students will come away with a stronger knowledge of how relaxation strategies are becoming important in overall care delivery. Course Code: MED 415. Contract hours of education: 30 hours. Course Cost = $ 70.00
4. Developmental Harmonization -This comprehensive CEU course provides a metapsycholgical model and process for practicing meditative exercises to develop and harmonize the human condition to a state of Psychic Harmonization. Students are introduced to other similar models and processes for discovering a spiritual path and purpose in life, and they will learn to distinguish the difference between a process for discovering a spiritual path, and the spiritual path itself. This course provides steps toward achieving greater awareness and appropriate objectives and meditation exercises necessary to develop and harmonize the human condition. The accompanying book is designed much like a lesson plan and can be used by meditation instructors for group instruction, or by individuals for self instruction. Upon completion of this course, you will understand the steps involved in attaining a higher state of awareness and how meditation can be used to improve health. You will also be able to differentiate between the various types of meditation, and how to apply their differential attributes in practical meditation exercises. Course Code: MED 410. Contact hours of education = 20. Cost: $60.00
5. Ignatian Spirituality - The spirituality of St. Ignatius Loyola was a unique one that utilized the analogy of spiritual warfare with the evil one. Spirituality revolved around strict military like discipline, spiritual war with Satan, and a Christo-ecentric goal. Everything revolves around Christ and the Spiritual Exercises emphasize this dependency on Christ as one focuses and meditates on Christ’s life. This course will examine the life of St. Ignatius and his Spiritual Exercises. It will also emphasize Ignatius’ ideals on examination of conscience, discernment, choices, meditation and types of prayer. It is our hope that this course will enlighten you to new and interesting concepts regarding spirituality and the unique character of St. Ignatius Loyola. Course Code: SC 620. Contact hours of education = 30. Course Fee: $150.00
6. Health Care Educator - This course is designed to examine the professional role of health practitioner as educator. Health practitioners facilitate learning for clients and their families as they work to overcome the challenges that health, disease, prevention, and rehabilitation bring. They also share their experience, disseminate new knowledge and guide colleagues and students alike as they acquire new skills. This course is designed to examine these 'educator' roles in the health context and stimulate a critical analysis of taken-for-granted assumptions about this integral aspect of practice. Course Code: HE 500. Contact hours of education: 30 hours. Course Cost = $ 150.00.
Register for Course
7. St. Teresa and the Interior Castle - One of the richest spiritual and meditative classics of the Western Tradition is St. Teresa of Avila’s “Interior Castle”. This course hopes to guide one through the castle and its Seven Mansions. St. Teresa masterfully takes our hand and leads one through the initiate stages of mediation via purgation and eventually to illumination and union with God. This classic deals with a variety of ideals in the Christian tradition that deal with locutions, discernment, spiritual aridty, states of spiritual ecstasy, and ultimately union with God. If you are interested in meditation or spiritual guidance, this is a critical course to understand and pass. Course Code: MED 420. Contact hours of education = 30. Course Cost = $ 125.00
Register for Course
Affiliate CE Courses
To preview information on other available courses for Re-Certification:
Continuing Education Approved Providers: access information.